Get Help Today
The UA STEM Learning Center is actively building a new model for advancing shared education goals in Southern Arizona. We provide programs, services and resources for UA and Southern Arizona communities.
As part of a campus-wide initiative to develop richer and more meaningful Broader Impacts associated with UA research and programs, the STEM Learning Center helps researchers, faculty and directors articulate and deliver stronger Broader Impacts for NSF and other funding agency proposals and ensure appropriate program evaluation.
SLC offers this assistance through a variety of services:
- Consulting during early research and program planning;
- Ideas and guidance in designing Broader Impacts activities;
- Identifying appropriate evaluation criteria and resources (individual evaluator, national evaluating organization, advisory board etc.);
- Overseeing or fully executing Broader Impacts activities as a collaborator on funded grants; and
- Overseeing or fully executing evaluations as a collaborator on funded grants.
Schedule an exploratory meeting (no fee) regarding a grant proposal:
We've also compiled an index of high-quality materials for researchers, faculty and directors.
Explore resources for education and grantwriting
The UA STEM Learning Center works to support program managers, K-12 educators and post-secondary educators through a handful of direct services:
- Guidance in applying curriculum resources for STEM education;
- Consultations for grant proposal planning and/or STEM education program design (each out for initial consults on grant planning and program design (fee for service following free initial consult);
- Assistance designing STEM programs or professional development programs for schools and/or districts (fee for service).
Schedule an exploratory meeting (no fee) regarding a grant proposal or program design:
The STEM Learning Center is also building a resource library for educators and program managers, with links to online materials and connections to STEM-relevant assets throughout Southern Arizona:
Explore our directory of outstanding Education Research, Classroom Resources, and OST Resources
As part of the UA's 100% Engagement initiative, the SLC has facilitated a process to help connect employers with science, technology, math and engineering interns.
Learn how to recruit a STEM intern
Employers can help the UA explore how to develop and retain the highest quality STEM workforce in Southern Arizona by joining the Southern Arizona STEM Workforce Network, which includes organizations from the business community, the public sector, the UA and other educational institutions.
Join the STEM Workforce Network:
Martha Ostheimer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Programs & Events
With a mandate to bring information and education to the greater community, the UA offers many ways to advance STEM education in Southern Arizona. At the STEM Learning Center, one of our priorities is to help connect people throughout Southern Arizona to UA programs, events and other opportunities.
Explore our directory of STEM programs offered by the UA
Learn about upcoming STEM events at the UA
In the months ahead, the SLC will also begin directly offering workshops for parents and others in the community to help us all work together towards common STEM learning goals. Want to stay in the loop? Join our email list.
Sign up for updates from the STEM Learning Center